Just as your resume is the first impression an organisation has of you, your WisdomCircle profile serves as your first impression to recruiters. Crafting a compelling and informative profile is a critical step in your job search strategy. Let’s dive into how you can enhance your profile and make it appealing to recruiters.
Your headline is one of the first details visible to recruiters
- Being thoughtful about how you present yourself is crucial.
- Your headline should clearly articulate the kind of work you have experience with. It should evoke curiosity among recruiters, compelling them to continue reading your profile.
- For instance, a headline like “Finance specialist with 20+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas sector” effectively uses keywords and provides a snapshot of your expertise.
Your bio is a short summary of your career
- Your bio should ideally talk about your top career accomplishments and include a high-level summary of the work you have done.
- This includes your years of experience, industry, function, and the use of relevant keywords.
- You may also want to mention the kind of work or impact you want to make in the next part of your journey, though this is optional.
Select relevant skills and sectors so that recruiters can find you
- Recruiters often filter candidates in the talent pool based on the function and sectors they’ve worked in.
- Therefore, it’s essential to mention the three (or fewer) sectors where you’ve spent most of your career. Additionally, highlight up to six top skills.
Help recruiters visualise your full career journey
- Start with your education and work upwards.
- Ensure that years are accurately mentioned and there are no unexplained gaps.
- Create a separate section for each of your job titles, especially for roles in the last 10-15 years of your career. Remember to include relevant keywords.
Emphasise recent experience while including a full career timeline
While it’s crucial to include your full career timeline, emphasise your recent experience.
- Summarise your high-level experiences and keep your resume content results-focused, not task-focused.
- Highlight growth, revenue expansion, cost-savings, and productivity gains.
- Using bullet points to structure your summary can be helpful.
- Always think from a recruiter’s perspective—you want to make their work easier and address the employer’s needs right away to help capture and keep their attention.
Final hygiene checks
- Upload a clear, professional picture with good lighting.
- Recruiters glean many things from your profile photo, including your tech savviness and the effort you’ve put into your profile.
- Lastly, make sure your profile is 100% complete, including references and languages. Your profile will only be displayed to recruiters when it is fully completed.
With all of these tips in your pocket, you should be able to craft a profile which highlights your experience and stands out to recruiters.
If you need further assistance with building your profile on WisdomCircle you can avail our Profile Crafting Services at a small fee. We offer two packages, so feel free to choose the one that suits your needs.